Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Thursday 1 March 2007


Blueberry and Lemon Cheesecake

I made this in the first round of Masterchef in the invention test. I was so proud as Gregg said in his interview in the Radio Times that it was his favourite dish of the series!

500 grams Marscapone cheese, 250 ml creme fraiche, 1 or 2 lemons, 300 grams blueberries, 300 grams digestive biscuits, 100 grams melted butter, 100 grams whole almonds, 2 tbsp caster sugar, 1 tbsp icing sugar

Line and grease a 10inch spring form tin. Blitz the digestives and almonds together in a food processors to fine crumbs. Pour in the melted butter and stir to ensure all the biscuit crumbs are coated. Press the crumb mixture into the base of the spring form tin and leave to cool slightly. Heat 100grams of the blueberries in a baking tray in the oven for approximately 5 mins until they become soft and very juicy. Sprinkle the warmed blueberries over the biscuit base. Mix together the mascapone, finely grated rind of the lemon, the creme fraiche and 1 tbsp icing sugar. Taste for sweetness - if you like it sweet add more icing sugar or if you prefer a tarter flavour add a small squeese of the lemon juice. Spoon the mixture into the tin and chill in the fridge for an hour (or longer if time permits). To make the blueberry sauce simmer the remaining blueberries, caster sugar with the juice of the lemon and 50ml of water for approximately 10 mins, until the blueberries are very soft and the sauce is thick and syrupy. Taste for sweetness and add more sugar or lemon juice as needed. Leave the sauce to cool and pour over the cheesecake to serve.

1 comment:

2 said...

Hello Hannah,
Well done to you for all you accomplished on Master Chef!
It was truly wonderful to Watch your confidence grow as you conquered each task!
Anyone who knows me, knows that I am an absolute cheesecake fiend so thanks for this gorgeous recipe I Can't wait to make it! :-D
Be blessed xXx