Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Wednesday 23 May 2007


OK, I know this picture has nothing to do with ginger but I like it so much that I didn't want to not post it. It was taken on a walk through the meadows in Cambridge last week.
Zabaglione is yummy and very quick to make. We used to eat it at an Italian restaurant when I worked in Canary Wharf as it was Sarra's (my old work colleague) favourite pudding.
Ginger zabaglione
6 egg yolks
6 tablespoons sugar
1 cup ginger wine
Combine egg yolks and sugar in a medium size bowl and whisk. Add the ginger wine and transfer to double boiler and whisk until frothy and doubled in size. Serve immediately

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Hi Hannah,

I'm really glad that you enjoyed Cambridge - as I really really love it here.

That old black swan you took a picture of is a Cambridge institution. Doesn't seem to like dogs though... likes to attack them...

Anonymous said...

I have never had Zabaglione if you can believe it...but I do love Ginger. I think I'll have to remedy that situation and bite the bullet! Todd's in for a real treat tonight!