Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Friday 8 June 2007



Last night I had a lovely girlie evening with my friend Jess - a nice thai curry, a trashy chic flick and finished off with some experimental violet desserts! I have to admit that the chocolate violet tart did not work - it was far too sickly - you live and learn! However, the chocolate violet fondue was just delicious! Really chocolaty followed by a strong hint of violet - yum yum! You definitely need fruit to dunk as cake or marshmallows would just be too much I think!

Chocolate violet fondue (to serve 4 - it is very rich and you don't need much!)

200g dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids)

200ml double cream

60ml violet liquor

1 tbsp violet syrup

red cherries to dunk

Melt the chocolate, cream and violet syrup and liquor in a saucepan, heating gently. When the chocolate has melted, pour into ramekin dishes and serve with the cherries - it's as easy as that!

3 comments:

David Hall said...

Chocolate and violet fondu?! Are you still in 1977 down there?! Sounds amazing Hannah. Can you make me some when I eventually visit please? And yes, 10 pork pies! Check out my latest, should be right up your street...x

Anonymous said...

Sounds lovely. Just perfect for fruit dipping!

Anonymous said...

Hannah.
Shakespeare writes about violets all the time...I cant forget parma violet sweets. I used to eat them a whole packet at a time.
Great Big Veg Challenge