Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Wednesday 27 June 2007



Sunday was my Grandma's birthday - her birthday treat was to come and see my cookery demonstration (probably not the most exciting of birthday treats but everyone at the demo sang happy birthday to her!) We then came back to our cottage and had a birthday tea including her birthday cake which she is seen enjoying here with my brother who was visiting from New York. Cake fireworks are great no matter how young or old you are!

1 comment:

Squishy said...

Hi Hanna,

I just watched one of your finals last night on Master Chef Goes Large here in Australia. I was really glad to see you made it through instead of the Aussie chick. They kept plugging her and the Aussie thing. Loved the look of the little cheesecake you made in the first round. Your a girl with a sweet tooth just like me. I am sure you already know the results of the show but I will be watching and enjoying. Keep up the fabulous work. Competive cooking on television rips your guts out emotionally. I know because I have done it here in Australia. Ripped me to pieces, made me start doubting myself in the stupidest ways. I am rootin for you. I will add your blog to my blogs links. Look forward to reading your posts.

Cheers Amelita