Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Tuesday 28 August 2007


Well I know you will all be as proud of us as we were when I announce that the 8 of us from sewing circle who entered won 18 (!!!) prizes between us. We were so excited. My lemon drizzle cake was sadly disqualified as it was in a 6 1/2 inch tin rather than a 7 inch tin (note to self: pay more attention to the instructions next time)! I won first prize for my fruit scones, fruit cake, victoria sponge and my embroidery with a third for my shortbread and raspberry jam (although the jam had a note saying that it would have done better had I filled the jar up to the top - must not be so stingy next time!) Everyone else did brilliantly - particularly in the photo competition where there were so many entries - Alison, Jess and Pauline all won prizes, Ella's gingerbread men and her collage both got first prize, Joshy got a highly commended for his vegetable animals (slightly unfairly in my view as all the other entrants were at least 8 and he is only 2), Pauline and Ros both got awards for their flowers and Susan and Cathie took first and second in the lemon drizzle cake competition. Barbara got third place for her courgettes and fruit cake. We have never laughed as much as we did yesterday. Will we be back next year defending our titles? Most definitely!




6 comments:

Celia Hart said...

Whoooo-hooooo! Fantastic. We need a "Village Show" category in the Olympics - Team-Hannah would conquer the world!!!!

I love all the certificates - will they be framed and hung on your office wall?

Celia

Anonymous said...

Congratulations oh victorious ones.
Shame on the lemon drizzle cake slip up!
Hannah - I have a tonne weight of damsons. Any ideas? I havent made jam before and worry that I dont have all the equipment..
Charlotte

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your wins Hannah, what a pity an artist such as you can be held back by such petty rules... never mind, we know you are a winner on all counts... x x x

Joanna said...

Well done!

Joanna
joannasfood.blogspot.com

Rita said...

Congratulations Hannah! Well done... glad it was lots of fun too!

Rita

Figs, Bay, Wine said...

Congratulations and hail the conquering heroes!