Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Tuesday 18 September 2007




Last Saturday was the first produce show to be held at my mum’s allotment since 1994 and was a great success. The weather was gorgeous and It was lovely to see all the fresh flowers and vegetables on display, I’ve a feeling it won’t be long before the pumpkins and squash start arriving on my doorstep to complement the runner beans, courgettes and marrows already appearing.

Don’t you just love the scarecrows ?

4 comments:

Joanna said...

Yes, but what I REALLY love is the pumpkin ... wonderful stuff

Joanna

Anonymous said...

Looks like a lot of fun, I was last in England three years ago and it was May and June and I could not find a pumpkin in Bournemouth to save my life... We are so used to having them all year round here in Australia, must be the climate... Vida x

Marie Rayner said...

I just love autumn! It's my favourite time of year! Scarecrows, pumpkins, country life. It's all good.
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/

Celia Hart said...

That looks like a really fun day - the scarecrows are fabulous!

Celia