Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Friday 26 October 2007

Last night we celebrated the joint birthdays of Sacha (my hubbie) and our friend from the village Peter, who share the same birthday. By strange coincidence Peter's wife Susan and I have birthdays which are 4 days apart. Do you ever get the feeling that you are destined to be friends with people?

These are the delicious cakes that Susan baked for the boys - coconut and orange and honey, coffee and walnut bundt cakes. They looked so lovely and autumnal with the leaves and hips that Susan had picked to decorate the table and tasted heavenly!

I am also pleased to report that the cupcakes yesterday raised over £360 for charity - almost £3 a cake - which was hugely generous!

6 comments:

Joanna said...

Well done Hannah! And those bundt cakes look delicious. I hope you got them to blow out their candles ;)

Joanna

Rita said...

Well done with the amount of money you raised!! Really worth the effort. Hope you will be able to rest this weekend.

Vida said...

Well deserved Hannah. So proud of you! Vida x

Marie Rayner said...

Well done on the amount of money taken in for the charity with your cakes Hannah! Lovely looking birthday cakes as well. I think it's incredibly wonderful when we meet friend "soulmates" as well. I call them kindred spirit friends. It feels as if you have always known them and you always will. Totally wonderful.

Celia Hart said...

Happy Birthday to Sacha and Peter! (Quite useful being able to have a combi-birthday!)
Your charity cup cakes obviously went down a storm at Barclaycard - well done!

Celia
PS: I've got a Liverpool supporting OH too!

Kyla said...

Ooh bundt cakes -- so pretty! Happy bday to all. Love your blog, and especially the needlework. Look forward to following along.