Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Sunday 6 April 2008

I have been working for most of the weekend (horrible law work rather than cooking sadly) but I have managed to sneak time to try out a few new pudding ideas. A peach melba clotted cream cheesecake, which I will post later this week - an idea I had during Masterchef that never made it to the plate and this pineapple and cinnamon tatin - a little splash of tropical sunshine to counterbalance today's snow!

Pineapple and cinnamon tatin
Serves 6, preparation time 10 minutes, cooking time 25 minutes
1 fresh pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into rings (you can substitute tinned pineapple if you are short on time but fresh is better)
250g puff pastry
100g butter
2 tbsp golden syrup
100g caster sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon

Heat the syrup, butter, sugar and cinnamon in a saucepan until the sugar has dissolved, bring to the boil and then remove from the heat. Pour into the base of a flan or tatin dish and set aside to cool slightly. Place the pineapple on top of the caramel in a decorative pattern, roll out the pastry and cover the pineapple. Bake in a hot oven (Gas Mark 6/Aga roasting oven/400F/200C) for approximately 25 minutes until the pastry has risen and is golden. Remove from the oven and leave to stand for 5 minutes. Invert the tart onto a plate and serve warm. We loved the smell of this pudding - bringing memories of holidays abroad and warm sunny days!

3 comments:

Marie Rayner said...

Mmm...now that looks moreishly yummy and I can't wait to see the clotted cream cheesecake! Sounds decadently delicious!

Silvia - Magnolia Wedding Planner said...

Hi Hannah! It's the first time I visit your blog.
Really a great recipe, maybe 'cause I adore puddings in all the ways and with all kind of ingredients :-P. nice this one with pineapple. I usually do this with pears, but I think I'll try.
great blog.
Have a nice day!
Silvia

Milhan said...

Mmmmm....looks delicious! There is a famer's market here that has been selling pineapples lately for .99 each (unheard of for the east coast!!). I bought 2 last week that were lovely...canned pineapple cannot even come close to fresh, ripe pineapple.

Can't wait to see the cheesecake!