Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Friday 27 June 2008

Earlier this week was my Grandma's 88th Birthday. She is a bit under weather at the moment (Get Well Soon Grandma - she will be reading this as my mum prints every page of my blog out for her!) so we did not have a big family get together. As there were only a few of us to eat the cake, this is the little cake I made. I had decorated the cake with sugar roses but it was lacking something in the middle - luckily I remembered that I had bought some little sugar bunnies a while ago as I knew they would come in handy one day! They looked perfect in the middle in amongst the green leaves - as if in a luscious cabbage patch. Before you ask, there is no significance to the three candles - in my defense 1) 88 candles would not have fitted on the cake and 2) I only had three pink and green stripy candles in my tin! Happy Birthday Grandma xxx

6 comments:

Beth (jamandcream) said...

Very cute cake. I am definitely going to ask for cake decorating lessons from my mother in law!

Celia Hart said...

What a cheery little cake - Happy Birthday Hannah's Grandma!


Celia

aforkfulofspaghetti said...

What a delightful little cake - I'm sure it brightened your grandma's (birth)day.

Hope she feels better soon.

Milhan said...

What a sweet little cake. Here's a birthday wish for your grandma, all the way from New Jersey :)

Milhan

Marie Rayner said...

Wonderful Cake Hannah! And Happy Birthday Gran!! I do hope she feels better soon.

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

I'm sure that your Gran loved her cake and the day:D