Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Monday 7 July 2008

I have a new computer system and it has been giving me a headache! It doesn't like blogger and wouldn't let me upload any posts! Luckily it seems to be working this morning which is a relief. I had a lovely quiet weekend (apart from watching an epic Wimbledon final - pleased for Nadal but sad for Federa - I thought they both should have won). I spent a lot of time writing recipes for the book and have now written 267 recipes - only 98 to go so I feel as if I have broken the back of it! Somehow over the next 3 months, I have to cook them all. That means 4 recipes a day!!!! We are going to be eating a lot of cake and cookies in this house between now and the end of September! I was thinking of setting up a stall outside my cottage to sell them, together with my eggs, but I think they would be taken by the crows. We did think we had an egg thief - although I was never convinced as the eggs were just disappearing, without the egg tray being taken. There was no evidence of any shell or egg, so we thought it couldn't be an animal taking them! My neighbour Pam finally discovered what had been happening when she spied a crow with one of her duck eggs whole in its beak! Naughty crows! Now my eggs for sale are kept inside! This was a lovely Gold Finch outside my office window last week. I hope you all had a nice weekend xxx

6 comments:

Vida said...

Hannah, how I wish we were closer so I could buy ALL those eggs before the crows got them... Vida x

Celia Hart said...

Four cakes a day - you and your Aga will be working hard! You need a box to put your eggs and cakes in then the crows won't steal them and the neighbour will have lots of delicious things to buy!

Happy baking!
Celia
x

Rita said...

Wow! I guess you will have a lots of friends during those 4 cakes a day period. Yes, sell them, that is a very good idea!

The tennis was soooo good. I am sorry for Federer too. I actually wanted him to win so that he could get his record. Wish there were two winner's trophies for them.

I baked a big trial orange cake this weekend - think will go with this recipe - have more hope now. :)

Milhan said...

I sincerely wish I could help you with your surplus of cakes and cookies over the next few months, lol...I know my children and husband would be very happy to do their part :)

I was watching a couple of woodpeckers at the suet feeder this morning. I adore birds.

Marie Rayner said...

We get gold finches are our feeders as well. Beautiful birds. Crows are fascinating birds. We have a pair that come here all the time. Did you know that they are monogamous and that they mate for life? I am so jealous of you having your own cookery book! You're so lucky! I will be first in line to buy it!

Angie said...

And I'll be right behind Marie to buy your book! 4 cakes a day - rather you than me, me duck. You don't need a washer-up by any chance do you?
Angie