Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Wednesday 23 July 2008

Kathy Brown and I have very kindly been asked to attend the new RHS Flower Show at the Inner Temple in London in September to promote using edible flowers in cooking. From 1866, the RHS held a flower show at Inner Temple until 1912 when it transferred to Chelsea. It used to be a very grand affair with high teas and beautiful plants. Kathy and I are using this as an opportunity to launch our range of floral cakes, petal breads, floral ice creams (lets hope the weather is good!) and floral cocktails. We are having lots of meetings at the moment planning what to sell and designing recipes. I have no doubt it is going to be lots of fun (and hard work) and we are really looking forward to taking part. We are coming up with ideas for names for our brand - any suggestions gratefully received!

4 comments:

David Hall said...

Brill! Can you get us some free tickets? :0)

I've a name - Two Sweet Petals

x

Anonymous said...

flower power !! :)

Milhan said...

I'm not very good at this sort of thing, but I'll give it a go. What about "Lavender & Cakes," or "Florabundance," or "Tea Thyme,"

I'll stop now :)

It sounds like a wonderful event, and quite an honor. Congratulations.

Browners said...

The Botanists?

Flor-essence? - Cross between flourescent and flower essence...

P. et. al ?

How exciting. I hope you and Mum get really stuck in and make it a huge succeess! Can't wait to see what you both come up with.