Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Monday 10 November 2008

Although I am not a huge fan of supermarket cakes, I just had to smile when I saw this cake last week and of course had to buy it. A giant french fancy!!!! Can you imagine anything nicer? Obviously now I have the idea, I will be able to recreate this at home myself but good old Mr Kipling for being so clever! Happy to report that the fondant fancy was yummy!

It has got me wondering what the difference is between a French Fancy and a Fondant Fancy - sadly Wikipedia has no listing for either. I imagine there is no difference but if anyone knows, I would love to hear!

9 comments:

Milhan said...

It looks delightful...and so pink! Much nicer then the usual boxed cake that you can buy at the supermarket.

Steven Cornwall said...

Oh Hannah! For other enlarged snacks and cakes you really must check out this site.

http://www.pimpthatsnack.com/projects.php

Has some wonderful creations featured, the best are featued in the top 20 on the right hand side of the page.

Marie Rayner said...

Ohh, I can't wait to see what you come up with after seeing this! Mr Kipling does make half decent cakes, but not near as good as yours!

Aileen said...

Hi! Hannah, first time commentor, but did find you awhile ago,and enjoyed Masterchef.Don't like many 'bought' Cakes but love French Fancies by Mr Kipling...tried both,think the only difference is the price :>)
Aileen

Hannah said...

Thank you all for your lovely comments

Steven that website is FANTASTIC - I will add it to my favourites

Aileen - special welcome to you - I do have a soft spot for Mr Kipling fondant fancies - I am yet to work out whether there is any real flavour difference between the pink yellow and chocolate - but they are nice all the same.

Hannah
xxx

Abitofafoodie said...

I too confess a huge weakness for French Fancies. Particularly the pink ones. A giant version is inspired!

I heart cupcakes said...

Oh I've not spotted those in the shops or I'd have been very tempted myself!

Megan said...

Hello from New Zealand Hannah. I have come to visit your Blog on Tammy's suggestion :) It is a wonderful blog and will be on my favourites list. I just wondered if someone could please explain what a French Fancy is please? Not something I am familiar with here in NZ. Thanks!

Chloƫ-Hope said...

There's no difference between a fondant fancie and a french fancie, just Mr. Kipling branding the name :)
I LOVE french/ fondant fancies!

Chloe
http://superyummytime.blogspot.com/