Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Saturday 27 December 2008

Last week, just before Christmas, Mum and I had a special Christmas lunch at Claridges. It followed some shopping in a rather manic London and we therefore welcomed the calm and tranquility of Claridges and the chance to recover from the shopping. The Christmas tree in the foyer was spectacular. Claridges offer a three course lunch for £30 - although I wouldn't call this cheap, it has to be one of the best offers in London - four courses if you include the Amuse Bouche of Michelin star food at this price is definitely reasonable - it was all so delicious! We feasted on wild game terrine with pistachio brioche, mackerel with cauliflower volutee, cod with razor clams and clam sauce and I had the most perfect pudding I have had in a long time - balsamic ice cream, gingerbread crumbs, apple sorbet and cranberry syrup, topped elegantly with an apple flower (which tasted delicious). One of the chefs in the kitchen had made it to the quarterfinals of Masterchef Professionals and we were given a tour of the kitchens - it amazes me that they manage to create so many wonderful dishes in such a small area and at furnace temperatures! It brought back many scary memories of Masterchef, but we were very pleased to be shown round.

3 comments:

Marie Rayner said...

How lucky for you Hannah. Not everyone would be so lucky to have an insider view of the kitchen! The meal sounds wonderful, especially the dessert!!!

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful day with your mom Hannah!!! It has been a pleasure to get to know you over the past year. I look forward to too many tasty dishes coming from Hannah's Kitchen to count!!

Milhan said...

What a delightful treat!