Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Thursday 18 December 2008

We do not have lights on the outside of our house. I have enough of a job persuading Sacha to let me decorate the inside of the house and I think I would be trying my luck to do outside as well. I think it must be the effects of the credit crunch but there are far fewer displays this year. The best display we have ever seen is near Marston Mortain just near Bedford - we go every year to see the lights there as they are spectacular in a very kitsch way! This is my Mum's neighbour's house - he has also decorated in the back garden into a santa's grotto - I imagine his grandchildren are so thrilled to see it - I was and I am 34!!!

4 comments:

Marie Rayner said...

We don't put up any outdoor lights either, but I would love to . . . my favourites are the white ones. They make everything look so sparkly and magical, much more so than the coloured ones.

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

There is a fellow over on the Westside who even has a working ferriswheel on his property to add to all the lights.

Milhan said...

I don't do outside lights either. And as for kitschy displays...I don't think anyone can top some of the houses in the NYC-area!

http://gonyc.about.com/od/christmassights/ig/Dyker-Heights-Christmas-Lights/dyker_heights01-jpg.htm

Aileen said...

I was reluctant to put my Tree up this year, but love the lights.Also have one at the front of the house,a Fir Tree that was planted when my son was killed on Dec 10th 1998....so lights on there too.All colours but in future would love the plain sparkly ones.
We go to nearby Clowne, to see the displays, and they are featured on local TV.
Aileen...X