Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Tuesday 21 April 2009

By the time this post is published, I will be in the West of Scotland in Port Logan. A much needed holiday and rest is in order - although the laptop is coming so that I can spend just a little time editing the book! I just hope that it doesn't rain all week but the cherry blossom is mean to be out in Scotland now so I am sure it will look pretty even if it rains! The reason for Port Logan? It is where they filmed 2000 Acres of Skye - one of my favourite TV series and I am looking forward to taking a boat out past the light house like they did in the series. I am stopping at a Smokery on the way to Port Logan so smoked kippers, smoked salmon and trout will definitely be on the menu!

4 comments:

Marie Rayner said...

I hope you have a lovely time away Hannah! May the sun shine down on you each and every day and may you get plenty of rest and relaxation!

Carlito86 said...

Have a lovely time! x

Springtime said...

I loved this series too! I'm very envious that you're going to visit and that you are visiting a smokery on the way. Sounds like a wonderful trip - have fun!

The Wandering Pit said...

Sounds like you had a lovely time,Hannah! The countryside looks beautiful!