Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Monday 7 December 2009

I love Christmas - it is my favourite time of year and this weekend I finally feel like Christmas has begun in our cottage, with the tree up and the house decorated. Being busy I have ordered a lot of presents on line and so every day parcels are arriving. This morning I had a nice surprise though when I parcel arrived for me that I hadn't ordered. Christmas cookies and a chocolate hamper from my friend Victoria. The cookies are totally me and so cute (the reindeer is my favourite) - I just can't believe how well they travelled as I would never dare to post biscuits. Needless to say I have already tried one and they are delicious. The chocolate hamper is full of lovely goodies too - mint chocolate, chocolate covered mango, cocoa and a delicious swizzle stick for making hot chocolate. I will have to bake some chocolate treats soon with the contents of my hamper and will post the recipe for you! Thank you Victoria xxx I know that some of you will love these as much as I do and so, if you are interested in sending them yourself they are available from Interflora! (actually having had a look they have lots and lots of lovely hampers - for a link to the full range of Christmas hampers click here)

4 comments:

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

The cookies are gorgeous Hannah. It'll be like Christmas every day at your home.

Rita said...

Wow, they are so cute!! Love the colours!

The Curious Cat said...

Those cookies look wonderful - so professional! Yum yum! Lucky you! XXX

Katy said...

I might order the Xmas biscuit tin actually, for sister-in-law, but she doesn't like spice (even like cinnamon and not much nutmeg). Are they plain, assorted flavor or what, can you let out the secret a little bit? :-)