Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Thursday 24 December 2009

In a very European fashion, we have just finished our Christmas dinner - even though it is Christmas eve. We were joined by my Aunt and Uncle who are tomorrow morning flying to New York for my brother's wedding in a few days time - I am flying out on Boxing Day (I am so not prepared and am now legally registered to conduct the wedding ceremony so need to get practising my wedding vows!!!!). We just ate for 3 hours - I am not sure whether that is something we should admit to and we are all feeing very full. A trio starter of crab and smoked salmon gateau, prawn cocktail and bloody mary cocktail made by my Aunt (see picture below), Roast turkey with all the trimmings (7 different vegetables which is a personal record), Clementine sorbet (very refreshing and I will post the recipe soon) and Christmas Pudding made by my Mum served with my brown bread amaretto ice cream, mince pies, mulled wine, raspberry cocktails - I feel ashamed just writing it all down! My Aga went on strike after all the cooking and turned itself off in protest this evening - thankfully it is now alight again - otherwise Christmas lunch tomorrow would have been a sad microwave affair. So now to bed with the wrapping of presents all finished - ready for tomorrow morning. I hope that you and all your families have a wonderful Christmas and that wherever you are celebrating you have a peaceful and happy day together xxx

2 comments:

Rita said...

Awwww, happy travels Hannah - how special that you can marry your brother! Enjoy the day!

I heart cupcakes said...

Merry Christmas Hannah - hope you have a fabulous trip to New York and how fabulous that you can perform the ceremony!