Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Friday 29 January 2010

Tangerine and Cinzano Sorbet

This is the sorbet we had on Christmas Eve as a refreshing interlude between Turkey and Christmas Pudding. I will not deny that having a juicer for this recipe is pretty much essential! Squeezing so much fruit by hand is no easy task. You can use clementines or satsumas too in place of the Tangerines.

20 Tangerines, skins removed
juice of 2 limes
juice of 2 oranges
juice of 2 lemons
100ml Cinzano Arancio or other orange flavoured spirit
180g caster sugar

Juice the tangerines, limes, oranges and lemons and combine the juices in a large bowl, making sure that there are no pips. Add the sugar and orange Cinzano and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Churn in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer's instructions. If you do not have an ice cream machine, place in a freezerproof lidded bowl and store in the freezer. Remove from the freezer after an hour, transfer to a bowl and whisk with an electric handmixer or whisk to break down the ice crystals. Repeat every hour until the sorbet has frozen.

4 comments:

sadie said...

sounds gorgeously refreshing :O)

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

This is the first time I have heard of Cinzano so I continue to learn. I love how sorbet rounds out a meal.

Morwenna Hill said...

Lovely summery dessert :)

Alex said...

Cinzano used to be 'my' drink as a student... This looks so refreshing!