Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Monday 1 March 2010

My special friend Tina had her birthday party at the weekend. Tina loves everything Japanese, particularly the cherry blossom (she even works for a Japanese bank but I think this is just coincidental) so this is the Japanese themed cake I made for her birthday - complete with edible pictures of geisha, kimono ribbon and fresh orchids. I am glad to report that she was thrilled with the cake and said she would remember it for the rest of her life - praise indeed. To celebrate her birthday - Tina did an indoor skydive at Milton Keynes - I went along to watch (its definitely not on my list of things to try!!!!)

7 comments:

aforkfulofspaghetti said...

No wonder she was thrilled with it - what an absolutely stunning piece of cake art!

Anonymous said...

You are so talented. What a good friend too to make such a beautiful cake. It is wonderful.
Aoife x

Mozart's Girl said...

Just beautiful Hannah, so inspired! No wonder she will always remember it - I think I will too! happy March! xox Rachel

sadie said...

wow.That is just amazing. You certainly have a fabulous talent! I ordered some edible glitter today, from Fairy Goodies. I feel confident that it is going to be sparkly! Mind you, shame my cakes are just plain old rubbish,and not something spectacular like yours!

:o)

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

An absolutely gorgeous cake Hannah. Your friends are so lucky in many ways.

sadie said...

just had to let you know that the glitter arrived from Fairy Goodies today. V. pleased! It's so sparkly! Thank you so much for telling me about the site, will be ordering from there often.

:o)

Lucie said...

This is just stunning. You are so talented... your friend is very lucky!