Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Thursday 8 July 2010

As if this week hadn't been lovely enough already, I have also been to the photo shoot for my Whoopie Pie book. It is being styled and photographed by Steve Painter who did my Sundae book so beautifully and the food stylist is Maxine Clark. I love Maxine and have lots of her cook books so it is a real honour that she is cooking my recipes for the shoot. On Monday I did a 7 hour round train journey to Hastings carrying 96 rainbow whoopie pies and a heavy glass cake stand - with two train changes this was no mean feat! However it was well worth it to see the photos that were already finished and to help Maxine make the whoopie pie crocquembouche tower. It took quite a while to assemble with Maxine painstakingly brushing away every single crumb with a paintbrush but when we had finished the result took our breathe away just a little bit. I hope that sometime soon I can share a photo as it looked lovely with trailing twisted ribbons and is so me. In the meantime, I can share a quick sneak peak photo of Steve with the peanut butter and jelly pies on his computer screen. I made the tea in the cups!!!! Although it is just a small glimpse I hope you can see what a good job he and Maxine are doing. The pies are peanut butter, with a peanut butter cream and jam filling, a shiny peanut glaze and chopped peanuts. Yum yum! Thanks Steve and Maxine for bringing my crazy pies to life!

3 comments:

Rita said...

Lovely Hannah ... you are amazing!

sadie said...

congrats on the feature (previous post) and I am so going to get your Whoopie pie book when it's out :O)

have a glorious weekend

Sadie x

Lucy @ Smallest Smallholding said...

Wow! It's looking as if it's shaping up nicely. And the coverage as noted in your previous post is amazing. Well done you! I don't blame them for featuring your book like that, it looks simply *amazing*.