Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Wednesday 25 August 2010

There are days when I enjoy the perks of my job! I have been over in Suffolk for meetings and was late leaving last night so popped into our company hotel to see if the lovely chef, Chris Lee, had something that I could take home for supper - I had a two hour drive ahead of me and wasn't going to be home until 9pm so was hoping for a short cut supper! Chris has been super kind to me ever since Masterchef and provided me with lots of training in between filming in an attempt to get my cooking skills up to scratch! I don't think "short cut supper" can quite describe what Chris kindly packaged up for me - home made burgers with truffle mayonnaise, home made picallili, fois gras, home made muffins, a home grown tomato, lettuce and some delicious cheese to melt on top of the burgers. I think my husband thought all his Christmases had come at once when I arrived home carrying my crate of goodies. 10 minutes later we were eating the best burger I have ever eaten! So if you are ever passing the Bildeston Crown in Suffolk (link to the hotel here) I can most definitely recommend the truffle burger!!!

3 comments:

Rita said...

Yum!!

Ocean Breezes and Country Sneezes said...

Does Chris deliver? LOL!!! I enjoyed my visit today!

http://oceanbreezesandcountrysneezes.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

"Hi I found this internet site by mistake. I was researching Google for Registry computer software that I'd previously purchased when I came upon your web site, I should say your web page is truly cool I merely love the theme, and this posts title, Rainbow & Beyond | July Newsletter from the Field. Its wonderful! I don't have the time at the present moment to fully read your internet site but I have bookmarked it and also signed up for your RSS feeds. Smile I will be back soon!! Keep up the great weblog!"

--------------------------------------------
旧金山留学生
Also welcome you!