Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Thursday 2 September 2010

I am so proud of my baby brother - not only is he living the dream in New York City but he has just acquired an emormous US pagent style trophey for his culinary skills. Last weekend he entered a BBQ competition - the Pensylvania 11th Anniversary State Barbeque Championship to be more precise! 72 teams competed and Gareth's team came in second in the chicken category - totally awesome! I can't begin to imagine how large the first place trophey was if this was the second place trophey. They came in 8th place over all the categories which is such a good result. Obviously we share the same cooking gene. He also sent a few photos of some of the other more "professional" teams - "R2BQ - May the sauce be with Que" is inspired and as for the whole pig Pig Pen BBQ - that surely must class as extreme BBQing. Well done Gareth xxxx

3 comments:

Ocean Breezes and Country Sneezes said...

Congrats to your brother! It must have been so hot, we've been having a "heat wave" on most of the East Coast in the US!

PCovi said...

I would have loved to be a judge in this contest...BBQ is very ...well...different every where you go! I like the smoke....not so much sauce...vinegar is the main ingr. in the sauce...not tomato...my opinion :)

PCovi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.