Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Wednesday 20 October 2010

I wondered why the postman gave me a wry smile this morning as he handed over our post. I think he had noticed the ER frank and the Buckingham Palace Postmark on one of my letters! How cool is that! Inside was a thank you letter for my appearance at the Clarence House Garden Party. It will join my letter from 10 Downing Street after cooking supper for Tony Blair and Bertie Ahern in 2007 - quite a collection and I feel very honoured! The Whitehouse next perhaps??!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

well done you!... guess anything's better than the ones in the brown envelope from the Tax man!

sadie said...

Yes, it's something to treasure. What a total thrill to see it plop through the letterbox!

:o)

Livet i Fattighuset said...

How cool is that! Congrats!

Marie

Rita said...

Awwww....

Tracy Golightly-Garcia said...

I am so happy for you, Hannah!
Way to go!!

Best
Tracy :)