Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Monday 4 July 2011

Happy 4th July readers. My brother and his lovely wife Amy are visiting and yesterday we had a 4th July party. Lots of delicious ribs, burgers, pecan pies, apple pies - it was a feast fit for a king. We also had a 4th July cake (with a few USA and UK flags on - not quite sure that the uk flags are really appropriate for independance day but hey ho!) If you are celebrating today, have a very happy 4th!

2 comments:

Snowy said...

Great looking cake, Hannah. Sounds as if you all had a good time.

Lucy said...

This cake looks amazing! What a way to celebrate :)