Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Monday 16 January 2012

A few things you need to know to understand my latest baking project! My Dad is Welsh, yesterday we celebrated his birthday, my Dad (I'm sure he won't mind me saying) is of a certain age where he no longer wants anything for his birthday as he says he has everything he needs.  So my brother had the great idea that we would send my Dad on a stained glass window course (as he is very artistic) so rather than making him a birthday cake - I tried my own hand at stained glass and made these Welsh dragon cookies with pear drop glass.  I have to say that the end result was quite cool if I say so myself and my Dad was quite impressed!  You can do any shape you want in a large cookie, just place the rolled out dough on a silicon mat or greaseproof paper, cut out your desired shape and fill with crushed boiled sweets and bake in the oven for 12 - 15 mins until the sweets have melted.  Don't try to move the cookie off the baking sheet until the sugar glass has set completely!  Happy Birthday Dad xxx
 


No comments: