Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Thursday 12 April 2012

I am in full swing of writing my new cheesecake book - 31 recipes done, 29 to go - I am over half way woo hoo!  I am not sure however that I can eat much more cheesecake!  Luckily my work colleagues and neighbours are doing an excellent job of being taste testers!  At the weekend I made honeycomb cheesecake which was great fun as I got to make fresh honeycomb.  Being impatient, I couldn't wait for it to cool down as I needed to put some in the cheesecake filling (coated in whipped egg white - a useful tip from Masterchef winner Mat Follas of the Wild Garlic) so I hung it over the kitchen door to cool.  Strange I know but it honestly seemed like a good idea at the time.  I imagine the passers by wondered what on earth I was doing!  It did cool and very quickly and ended up being an amazing curl of honeycomb (see below).   Obviously I won't be recommending this method in my book!  Luckily with a few bashes of the rolling pin the curl was gone and I had lovely honeycomb ready to stir through the cheesecake.  More cheesecake making this weekend - cheesecake Alaskas are on the menu!!!!  Can't wait!

No comments: